COVID–19 visa sc 408 – new stream
The Covid 19 – Subclass 408 visa is a new stream that has been introduced on the 4th April 2020. This visa subclass is designed to allow temporary visa holders, who are engaged in or have the relevant skills to undertake critical work relating to supply of essential goods and services on a temporary basis.
To qualify the applicant must satisfy certain criteria:
- The person is physically in Australia
- Unable to depart because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Unable to apply for the same temporary visa they hold or held or any other subclass of temporary visa other than the Subclass 408 visa
- Will assist with addressing workforce shortages in areas such as agriculture, aged care and public health
- Hold a visa that is due to to expire in 28 days or less OR Held a visa that is no more than 28 days from ceasing to be in effect